ResQPOD Impedance Threshold Device
9.29 ResQPOD IMPEDANCE THRESHOLD DEVICE
The ResQPOD Circulatory Enhancer® is an impedance threshold device (ITD) that utilizes a valve to limit air entry into the lungs during chest recoil between chest compressions. It is designed to reduce intrathoracic pressure and enhance venous return to the heart. The use of ITDs have received a Class IIa recommendation from the American Heart Association for use in CPR.
- Witnessed cardiac arrest
- Patients where CPR is not indicated.
- To be used in conjunction with:
- King Tube
- E.T. TUBE
- EtCO2 Sensor
- Attach ResQPOD patient port to EtCO2 sensor.
- Attach ResQPOD ventilation port to Bag/valve
- Slide the Ventilation Timing Assist Light switch to on when using the ResQPOD in conjunction with an advanced airway.
- DO NOT hyperventilate.