Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 09:40, 24 April 2020 by Treloars (Created page with "==Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES== ===ELECTROLYTES=== ====Calcium Chloride==== '''DESCRIPTION''' * It may increase myocardial contractile force and may increase ventricula...")
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
- It may increase myocardial contractile force and may increase ventricular automaticity.
- To counteract Magnesium Sulfate used in Eclampsia, hyperkalemia, and hypocalcemia.
- It may precipitate toxicity in patients taking Digitalis.
- Ensure the IV line is flushed before using Calcium Chloride.
- 5 - 7 mg / kg AND per physician's orders. Refer to the Handtevy System WMD protocol page for dosage.