Obstetrical Patient Transport Decision
Section 1 - ADMINISTRATIVE POLICIES
1.13 OBSTETRICAL PATIENT TRANSPORT DESTINATION
Patient known to be < 20 weeks gestation:
- Last menstrual period, < 20 weeks or verifiable ultrasound proven dates or other proof of < 20 weeks gestation.
- Transport to the closest Emergency department (not closest obstetric facility).
Patient known gestation or possible gestation > 20 weeks:
- If imminent delivery or medically unstable mother, transport to the closest ED, (not closest obstetric facility).
- If patient with non traumatic abdominal, pelvic or back complaints, (including bleeding or vaginal fluid leak).
- Transport to the closest appropriate obstetric facility with a NICU (Winnie Palmer or Advent Health Orlando).
- Contact appropriate obstetric facility ED for radio report and any additional direction/assistance.
- May transport to the patient’s requested obstetric receiving facility, (i.e. high risk pregnancy with pre-selected obstetrical destination); if patient is not having imminent delivery.
If patient is a TRAUMA ALERT
- Transport to Orlando Regional Medical Center or Central Florida Regional (as per protocol)
- Non Trauma Alert patients are to be transported to the ED of the closest OB receiving facility.
Appropriate Obstetric Receiving Facilities:
Florida Hospital Altamonte (Seminole)
Oviedo Medical Center (Seminole)
Winnie Palmer Hospital (Orange)
Florida Hospital Orlando (Orange)
Winter Park Memorial (Orange)