Reconstitution of Medications
9.28 RECONSTITUTION OF MEDICATIONS
- Preparation of Glucagon or Solu-Medrol
- Diluting Solution.
- Glucagon Powder.
- Sterile 1 ml syringe.
- Alcohol swab.
- Remove the flip-off seals on bottles Nos. 1 and 2 (Glucagon).
- Wipe rubber stoppers on both bottles with the alcohol swab.
- Pull up 1/2 ml of air.
- Inject the air into the diluting solution bottle (No. 1). Keep the tip of the needle in the solution and withdraw the entire contents of the solution.
- Remove syringe from bottle No. 1 and insert into bottle No. 2 (Glucagon powder). Inject all of the diluting solution into bottle No. 2.
- Remove syringe and dispose of properly. Shake bottle No. 2 gently until the Glucagon powder dissolves and the solution becomes clear.
- Administer the Glucagon or Solu-Medrol immediately after reconstituting.