Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Albuterol (PROVENTIL, VENTOLIN) / Bronchodilator
- It is a synthetic sympathomimetic that causes bronchodilation with less cardiac effect than Epinephrine. The duration of effect is about four hours.
- Hypersensitivity to the medication.
- The patient may experience palpitations, anxiety, nausea, and/or dizziness. Vital signs must be monitored; use caution with cardiac or hypertensive patients.
- Adult: 2.5 mg updraft AND refer to appropriate PRACTICE PARAMETER for specific dosage.
- Pediatrics: Refer to Handtevy System
- Less than 12 months: 1.25 mg updraft
- 1 year and older: 2.5 mg