Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Atropine Sulfate / ANTIMUSCARINICS / ANTIDOTES
DESCRIPTION / ACTION:
- It blocks the parasympathetic nervous system and it’s inhibiting effects on heart rate.
- It does not increase the strength of cardiac contraction.
- Symptomatic Bradycardia, Asystole if clinically indicated (vagally induced), and Organophosphate Poisoning.
- None in the emergency setting.
- Give no more than 3.0 mg for cardiac-related problems. May cause a decrease in ventricular rate in the presence of 2nd Degree Mobitz II and 3rd Degree Heart Block.
- 0.5 mg - 1.0 mg IVP AND refer to appropriate PRACTICE PARAMETER for specific dosage.
- Refer to Handtevy System for pediatric specific dosage.