9.12 DEFIBRILLATION PEDIATRIC
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia:
|First Defibrillation||2 J per kilogram|
|Second Defibrillation||4 J per kilogram|
|Third and Continuous Defibrillation||4 J per kilogram|
CHECK THE EQUIPMENT:
- Turn on the monitor / defibrillator.
- Apply appropriate size paddles. Use the largest paddle surface, which makes complete contact with the patient. Entire paddle should make complete contact with patient.
- Confirm the patient is unresponsive and pulseless.
- Ensure synchronizer is turned off.
- Apply conductive medium. Position paddles.
- Stop CPR and call ALL CLEAR. check to ensure all people, including yourself, are clear of the patient. Ensure EMS personnel are in a safe operating location.
- Apply firm pressure to paddles.
- Discharge energy by pressing discharge buttons simultaneously.
- Observe for rhythm change and check the patient for a pulse, (if applicable).
- Repeat per Practice Parameters.