Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Dopamine (INTROPIN) / Sympathomimetic
- A beta agonist that does not appreciably increase myocardial oxygen consumption.
- It maintains renal and mesenteric blood flow while inducing vasoconstriction and increasing blood pressure at doses < 10 mcg / kg / minute.
- Cardiogenic shock and hypovolemic shock after fluid resuscitation.
- Hypotension due to hypovolemia without aggressive fluid resuscitation.
- Tachyarrhythmias and Ventricular Fibrillation or irritability. May be deactivated by alkaline solutions.
- The blood pressure should be constantly monitored.
- 5 -20 mcg / kg / minute IV piggyback - titrated to systolic BP >90 mm Hg. Refer to Handtevy System for pediatric dosage.