Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Flumazenil (ROMAZICON) / Antagonist
- It is a benzodiazepine antagonist.
- Hypersensitivity to the medication, Tricyclic antidepressant overdoses.
- Use with caution in cases of mixed overdose, adverse reactions include arrhythmias and seizures.
- Usual dosage is 0.2 mg IV over 15 seconds; wait 45 seconds, then give 0.2 mg if consciousness does not occur; may be repeated 60 second intervals prn, up to 4 additional doses-max 1 mg.
- Refer to Handtevy System for pediatric specific dosages
- Premie - 5 y/o: 0.01 mg/kg
- 6 years and older: 0.2 mg