Medication Administration Nasal Atomizer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
9.20 MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION NASAL ATOMIZER
- For atomizing for the following medications across the nasopharyngeal mucous membranes:
- Oil-based medications (i.e. Valium)
- Disconnect MAD from included syringe.
- Fill syringe with desired volume of medication and eliminate remaining air.
- Connect the MAD to the syringe.
- Place the MAD tip in the nostril.
- Compress the syringe plunger to spray atomized solution into the nasopharyngeal cavity.
- Re-use the MAD on the same patient as needed, and then discard.