Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 6 - TRAUMA
6.08 NEAR DROWNING
- INITIAL TRAUMA CARE, (2.02).
- Care should begin in water if appropriate.
- C-Spine precautions if necessary.
- If the patient is awake/ alert and breathing, consider CPAP device.
- Remove wet clothing and protect patient against heat loss and wind chill. Completely dry patient and cover patient with insulated blanket.
- If arrhythmias, refer to appropriate Practice Parameters.
- If hypothermic, refer to COLD EMERGENCIES PRACTICE PARAMETERS (5.06).