Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Nitroglycerin Spray (NITROLINGUAL SPRAY) / Antianginal
- It is an aerosol preparation that delivers exactly 0.4 mg with each spray. Peak effect in 4 minutes.
- Increased intracranial pressure. Hypersensitivity to the medication. Systolic BP < 90 mm Hg.
- Do not administer in patients who present with potential Right Ventricular Infarction as identified by a 12 Lead EKG.
- It may induce headache that is sometimes severe. Patients may develop tolerance. The spray should not be inhaled. Watch for hypotension.
- 0.4 mg sublingually AND refer to appropriate PRACTICE PARAMETER for specific dosages.