Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Famotidine (PEPCID) / H2 Histamine blocker
- Famotidine inhibits histamine at H2 receptor site in the gastric parietal cell, which inhibits gastric acid secretion.
- Hives; Allergic reaction; Short term treatment of duodenal and gastric ulcers, management of GERD and erosive esophagitis.
- Hypersensitivity to the medication
- Renal impairment
- Hepatic disease, renal disease, elderly
- Currently supplied in 20mg/50 ml
- Adults: 20mg/ 50ml given at a wide open rate.
- Pediatrics- refer to the Handtevy System.