Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Ketorolac (TORADOL) / Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory
DESCRIPTION / ACTION:
- This medication is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that relieves pain and reduces swelling. It is for short-term use only (no more than 5 days).
- Use for suspected Kidney Stones
- Do not use this drug if the patient is in labor, breast-feeding, has stomach problems (e.g., peptic ulcer), major kidney problems, bleeding problems, severe dehydration, or possible need for immediate surgical intervention. Do not administer ketorolac if patient is taking aspirin or other NSAIDs (e.g., ibuprofen).
- Liver disease, kidney disease, blood disorders, ulcers, heart disease, alcohol use, high blood pressure, eye disease, asthma, nasal polyps, any allergies - especially aspirin/NSAID allergy (e.g., ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib).
- 30 mg slow IVP
- If patient presents with: Possible dehydration, history of renal impairment or current renal impairment
- Fluid Bolus, 200-300cc NS followed by TORADOL (KETOROLAC) 15mg slow IVP.