Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 10 Procedure Guidelines
- Ventricular Fibrillation.
- Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia.
- Check the equipment - Turn on the monitor / defibrillator.
- Apply monitor per Procedure Guideline.
- Confirm the rhythm.
- Confirm the patient is unresponsive and pulseless.
- Ensure synchronizer is turned off.
- Check paddles or fast patch pads position and conduction.
- Select appropriate energy level per Standing Order.
- Stop CPR and call ALL CLEAR. Check to ensure all people including yourself are clear of the patient. Ensure EMS personnel are in a safe operating location.
- Apply 20 - 25 pounds of pressure to paddles, (If applicable).
- Discharge energy by pressing discharge buttons simultaneously.
- Observe for rhythm change and check the patient for a pulse, (If applicable).
- Repeat per Practice Parameters.