Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Epinephrine (ADRENALINE) / Sympathomimetic
- A potent alpha and beta stimulant. It increases the electrical activity of the heart through its beta activities.
- Ventricular Fibrillation/Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia, Asystole, PEA, Acute Asthma, Allergic Reaction/Anaphylactic Shock.
- None in the patient who needs aggressive resuscitation.
- It should be protected from light and should not be infused with alkaline solutions, such as Sodium Bicarbonate, since they will deactivate Epinephrine.
- The medication's actions are of short duration.
- Refer to appropriate PRACTICE PARAMETER for specific dosages.
- Refer to Handtevy System for pediatric dosages.