Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
- It is an anticonvulsant, especially effective in the control of seizures associated with eclampsia.
- Seizures due to eclampsia (toxemia of pregnancy), consider contacting MEDICAL CONTROL for orders for Torsades de pointes.
- Patients with heart block or recent myocardial infarction.
- May cause hypotension, circulatory collapse, or cardiac and respiratory depression. Calcium Chloride should be available to counteract the untoward effects of Magnesium.
- Refer to appropriate PRACTICE PARAMETER for specific dosages.
- Refer to Handtevy System infusion instructions for dosage.