Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 8 - MEDICATION GUIDELINES
Morphine Sulfate / Analgesic
- It is a potent analgesic that also causes some vasodilatation. It reduces myocardial oxygen demand.
- Chest pain unrelieved by Nitroglycerin, in Pulmonary Edema, sickle cell anemia crisis, and in treatment of pain for burns.
- Significant hypotension, COPD, or hypersensitivity to the medication.
- It may cause respiratory depression. Naloxone should be readily available to counteract
the effects of Morphine Sulfate. DOSAGE
- Refer to appropriate PRACTICE PARAMETER for specific dosages.
- Pediatrics: 0.1 mg/kg, refer to Handtevy System for specific dosages