Post Partum Care
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Section 7 - PEDIATRIC / OBSTETRICAL
7.09 POST-PARTUM CARE
- Placenta should deliver in 20 - 30 minutes. If delivered, collect in plastic bag. Do NOT pull on cord to facilitate delivery of the placenta.
TRANSPORT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, EVEN IF PLACENTA HAS NOT DELIVERED.
- If perineum torn and bleeding apply direct pressure with sanitary pads and have
patient bring her legs together.
- If significant blood loss or signs of hypoperfusion:
- Fluid boluses in increments of 200 - 300 ml, to titrate systolic BP > 90 mm Hg.
- Gently massage abdomen over uterus, until uterus firm.
- If altered sensorium, signs of hypoperfusion despite above, refer to SHOCK PRACTICE PARAMETER (5.13) and / or the ALTERED MENTAL STATUS PRACTICE PARAMETER (5.03).
Appropriate Obstetric Receiving Facilities
- Central Florida Regional Hospital (Seminole)
- Florida Hospital Altamonte (Seminole)
- Oviedo Medical Center (Seminole)
- Winnie Palmer Hospital (Orange) Call ORMC and transport at their directive
- Florida Hospital Orlando (Orange)
- Winter Park Memorial (Orange)