Section 7 - PEDIATRIC / OBSTETRICAL
7.05 PRETERM LABOR
- Patient must confirm POSITIVE pregnancy test and be between 20 and 35 weeks gestation.
- If patient states she is having regular contractions and is not having any SEVERE PAIN or HEAVY BLEEDING (i.e. suspected Placenta Previa or Abrupto Placenta).
- Administer ALBUTEROL 2.5 mg via updraft every 10 minutes while monitoring heart rate.
- Patient known to be < 20 weeks gestation:
- Last menstrual period < 20 weeks, or verifiable Ultrasound proven dates or other proof of < 20 weeks gestation.
- Transport to the closest Emergency department (not closest obstetric facility).
- Patient known gestation or possible gestation > 20 weeks:
- If imminent delivery or medically unstable mother, transport to the closest ED, (not the closest obstetric facility).
- If patient with non traumatic abdominal, pelvic or back complaints (including bleeding or vaginal fluid leak). ***Transport to the closest appropriate obstetric facility.
- Contact appropriate obstetric facility ED for radio report and any additional direction/assistance.
- May transport to the patient’s requested obstetric receiving facility, (i.e. high risk pregnancy with pre-selected Obstetrical destination) if patient is not having an imminent delivery.
- If patient is a TRAUMA ALERT/ TRAUMA RED
- Transport to Orlando Regional Medical Center (as per protocol)
- Trauma yellow and green are to be transported to the ED of closest OB receiving facility
Appropriate Obstetric Receiving Facilities
- Central Florida Regional Hospital (Seminole)
- Florida Hospital Altamonte (Seminole)
- Oviedo Medical Center (Seminole)
- Winnie Palmer Hospital (Orange) Call ORMC and transport at their directive
- Florida Hospital Orlando (Orange)
- Winter Park Memorial (Orange)